I tested CrossWorks for Silergy ZON/ZEUS 3.1.3 on different platforms, always with the same project and the same hw-debugger (maxim integrated USB programming adapter).
- Debian Stretch on VmWare Workstation
- Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on VmWare Workstation
- ArchLinux on VmWare Workstation
- ArchLinux native
- Windows 10
For all linux installations, I had the same initial situation:
- Clean "standard" installation of the OS
- Installed all required 32bit libraries
- Permissions for the usb-debugger were setup
- CrossStudio works as expected (build & download the application)
Now the problem: As on windows everything works great when you start to debug (step in, step over, ...), on linux there's always the same problem. The code is downloaded to the target, debugger starts, you can step through a few lines, but then the code hangs - mostly inside a loop. I played around with the JTAG clock frequency, but this had no effect. I used USB2 and USB3 ports on the machine - still the same behavior...
Question: Does anyone use a setup like mine (ZON/ZEUS Device, maxim debugger, linux), which is fully working? Are there any special drivers or settings I forgot?
thanks in advance
Please sign in to leave a comment.