ARM 2.3.1 ElfFile.pokeUint32() changes?

Comments

3 comments

  • Avatar
    Jon Elliott

    Hi Richard,

    I've just tried your script here using the 2.3.1 release and it appears to be working with no problem for me, after adding CrcLength and CrcValue constants to a program, I can see that they have been modified correctly in the updated .elf file.

    Could you attach a complete project that demonstrates the problem?

    Regards,

    Jon

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Richard Webb

    I sent it up over in the request queue.

    I'll also give it a try with just a minimal "blinkie" project to see if I can figure out what I may be doing that's causing the different behavior.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Richard Webb

    Resolved.

    The fix in this case was to move the invocation of the javascript routine from User Build Step Options -> Post-Link Command to ...-> Link Patch Command.

    The precise reason for the necessity of the change remains a mystery, but I'm good with that.. A certain amount of "do it this way because it works" is quite acceptable, as long as the "this way" is ultimately found. And it was an interesting hunt.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.