I'm currently evaluating Crossworks for ARM and I've come to love it (I intend to buy a non-commercial license). I'm developing a personal hobby project on a new LPC4357 board released by element14 (http://www.element14.com/community/community/knode/dev_platforms_kits/element14_dev_kits/nxpmultimedia) and a EDU J-Link and given my lack of experience I've stumbled on a few problems:
1. The Erasing options from the Target are grayed out eventhough the debugger is connected and working properly and the all the "Can Erase..." flags from Target Loader Options are set to True.
2. While running the LPC4300 Dual Example sample project provided in the support package, If I try to write the project in SPIFI memory (after changing it's size in the memory map, it was 0 initially) when trying to flash I get the "Verify failed - compare difference error" and I'm shown two .elf files. I'm not sure what's happening here and what to make of the two hex files.
3. In a demo project I've got two pictures represented as huge arrays in separate .c files. I can't build the project with both of them because they won't fit in the flashbank. How can I place them in different places (e.g one along with the rest of the code in flash bank A and the other in flash bank B) ?
4. In debug mode I can't find a reset target button. How can I reset the target from the debugger ?
5. If I define STARTUP_FROM_RESET in a faulty project that makes the JTAG unusable, is there any way to 'rescue' the controller ? (also if the application is jumping to main and continues execution from there does this mean it is safe enough to activate the preprocessor definiton ?)
6. Sometimes when attempting to jump to the definition of a function Crossworks won't respond for tens of seconds before coming back to normal. Is this normal (I'm using windows 7 btw).
I would really appreciate any help I could get :)
Thank you for your time and attention.
Please sign in to leave a comment.