DangerousPrototypes has an open hardware JTAG debugger that can emulate an Amontec JTAGkey or KT-Link (SWD) and is compatible with Crossworks for ARM. It is available for $35 and is fully documented at their website including the SVF files and Verilog/VHDL source files. I have been using it with a separated LPCXpresso LPC1769 (i.e. LPC-Link removed via razor saw) and CrossWorks for ARM (OS X) for the last month. It is even able to supply 3.3V to power the LPCXpresso. I am satisfied enough with its operation that I have decided to post about it.
It was simple to setup for CrossWorks for ARM using the following steps:
- Purchase Bus Blaster V2
- Download latest "Bus Blaster v2 downloads"
- Using Windows (OS X BootCamp or Parallels, if necessary) use UrJTAG to upload either JTAGkey SVF or KT-Link SVF
- In CrossWorks for ARM duplicate Amontec JTAGkey target or KT-Link target renaming it to Bus Blaster
- Change Bus Blaster target PID to 0x6010 and VID to 0x0403
- If using KT-Link emulation, change Target Interface Type to SWD
- Connect appropriate target cable
The below website has detailed engineering/setup information for the Bus Blaster V2 including download links:
Please feel free to ask questions...
Please sign in to leave a comment.