UPDATE: The steps described in this article are not required if using version 4.70 or later of the J-Link software & documentation pack for MAC as it is no longer dependent on the libusb library. All you should need to do is set the 'J-Link > J-Link DLL File' target property to point to the libjlinkarm.4.dylib file contained in the pack.
NOTE: This article applies to CrossWorks for ARM version 2.3 onwards. J-Link is not supported in the Mac OS version of CrossWorks prior to version 2.3.
- Download the J-Link software & documentation pack for MAC from http://www.segger.com/jlink-software.html, open the .dmg file and copy the contents onto your hard drive.
- Download and install macports from http://www.macports.org if you have not done so already.
- Install libusb by running 'sudo port install libusb +universal' from the command line (make sure you have the +universal option so you get both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of libusb).
- Start CrossStudio with the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable set to include the directory containing the libusb library you just installed (/opt/local/lib). To do this:
- Open a terminal and run the command 'export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/local/lib:$DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH' then start CrossStudio from the command line by running '/Applications/CrossWorks for ARM 2.3/CrossStudio for ARM 2.3.app/Contents/MacOS/crossstudio'.
Please sign in to leave a comment.