There are two aspects to a defect or issue in CrossWorks:
- The impact of the bug on the user, i.e.is this a minor annoyance or something thatis fatal?
- The visibility of the bug to the user, i.e. how likely is the bug to be encountered in day-to-day use.
Each topic we create in the Known Issues forum has a suffix which we use to classify the impact of the bug, not its visibilty:
- [fatal] indicates that CrossWorks will shut down immediately, without warning, with data loss to any outstanding edits.
- [annoyance] indicates something that happens, is frustrating when it does, but does not lead to data loss.
- [trivial] indicates that this issue is really very minor, such as leaving pixel dust on the screen, and has no real impact.
If you have suggestions on other categories, we're open to hearing them. We will try to keep this list up to date and pop a release schedule on fixes. Some issues which we fix internally will never make it here, only ones that have a real impact will be posted.