I have problems reverting the firmware of my FET430UIF in CrossStudio after it's changed by Code Composer or Embedded Workbench. How can I get my FET430UIF working again?
This is an all-too-common problem. Unfortunately there seems to be a multitude of FET430UIF firmware and DLLs in existence which require continual firmware swapping when you change development environments.
CrossWorks 2 warns you when your firmware needs upgrading or changing. To change the firmware to that required by CrossWorks, simply right click on the FET430UIF target interface in CrossStudio Targets window and select Upgarde Firmware. This should upgrade, or change, your firmware to that expected by CrossWorks.
Sometimes this upgrade process fails. We have no idea why the upgrade process fails because the firmware and upgrader are provided to us by TI. If this happens to you, you can try upgrading the firmware outside of CrossStudio using the attached file, which is an executable directly from TI.
To upgrade your formware follow these steps:
- Find your CrossWorks 2 settings directory. Choose Project > Macros then select the System tab and copy out the setting for StudioUserDir. You can do this by selecting text with the mouse and using Ctrl+C to copy the selected text.
- Open an explorer window on that directory. You can paste the directory copied above into the navigation bar.
- Using the explorer, navigate to the subdirectory packages > targets > msp430; this should comtain the files HIL.DLL and MSP430.DLL.
- Download the file below and copy it to that directory.
- Double click the program MSP_FET430UIF_Setup.exe which runs the TI firmware upgrader.